Here's a refreshing departure from the boring salad fare. Be sure to click on the salad's name to get a bird's eye view of the finished product.
(Click on the title to view a photo)
- 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 large heads of Belgian endive, trimmed, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss cauliflower florets with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast until edges are dark and caramelized, about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once or twice.
While cauliflower is roasting, combine remaining 1/3 cup olive oil and rosemary in small saucepan. Stir over medium heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Cool.
Whisk lemon juice, vinegar, lemon peel, salt, and pepper in small bowl.