My blog friends know me by KJ, my favorite nickname, but my given name is Karen. I refer to my husband Barry as Bear. When people need to remember our names, I tell them to think of the Kare-Bears; an obvious wordplay for Karen and Barry. Well, for those who have been following the amazing adventures of the Kare-Bears, all of which testify to the undeniable Faithfulness of God, I have another installment!
Here is a condensed version:Luke 6:38 (Amplified Bible) states:
- At the beginning of 2007, my husband lost his business and, not related to this event, our rental home of 12.5 years was put up for sale.
- At the 11th hour, the day before we were to vacate, we were approved for another home.
- Our mover was arrested for an unpaid traffic violation.
- On the day of the move, 3 family members acquired the stomach flu, including Bear, who rarely gets sick and who was also in a probation period for a new job. He was fired for the first time in his life.
- Bear, an experienced milkman, began work for a dairy distributor who promised the world and then secretly sold the route.
- Finally, at the end of March, Bear was hired full time by an integral dairy distributor!
- Lean months positioned us for miracles... On February 8th, the slated day for eviction, $3300.00 was given to us by several sources. Our March rent was supernaturally met on the 6th when I received a phone call from my church that someone had anonymously given us a $2000.00 cash gift!
- In April, we found ourselves once again relying on, trusting in, and leaning on God. A few days ago, Bear's new boss—who is uninformed about our situation—surprised Barry with a check for the entire month of April; and we still have other income sources for our other needs!
38 Give, and [gifts] will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into [the pouch formed by] the bosom [of your robe and used as a bag]. For with the measure you deal out [with the measure you use when you confer benefits on others], it will be measured back to you.
It is through GIVING that we are finding deliverance, for truly, we cannot out give God!